Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What a whirlwind!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Scott and I started Christmas morning at home. It was so nice to wake up in our own home, have a nice quiet Christmas morning, then get on the road. We spent the afternoon at my BIL Gary's and then drove to Maine to have Christmas with my Mom. It was a very long day! The next morning, as I was making breakfast, Scott ran down the stairs yelling that there were turkeys in the back yard. Indeed, there were 4, but they were moving fast and I had no time to take a photo. We sat down for breakfast, and I looked out the window, and saw this:

I have never seen an owl in nature (only at zoos), and this one was in the back yard, not 10 feet from where we were sitting! He was gorgeous, and I was mesmerized. He stayed there for quite a while, and I got video of him turning his head around! Awesome!!! I think this is a sign - that I will have peace and tranquility in my life in the upcoming year. Here's hoping!!!

No comments: