Monday, December 14, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new!

No, I'm not talking about New Year's. I'm speaking of friendships. 2009 has been quite a year, full of surprises and discoveries, both good and bad. I closed the door on a 20+ year friendship this fall. It was painful - not so much the ending of the friendship, but the reason for it. (As it turns out, it was not a friendship after all, therefore, good riddance!) But I must say, one thing I am truly grateful for is a different (although not "new" - we have been friends for a few years) friendship that has grown this past year into something truly valued and appreciated. This person has taught me so much about what real friendship is - and she has been there for me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. We have laughed together and cried together, worked together and played together, but most importantly, we have stood together and faced our fears knowing that if we faltered, the other would be right there to lend a hand. Thank you, Leslie, for blessing my life with your friendship.

No comments: