Thursday, October 21, 2010

Success!

Last night we let Mischief and Mayhem sleep in our room.  We have been trying since the end of our vacation, but for the past 2 nights, they were just too rambunctious - chasing each other all over the house and scuffling.  Very cute during the day, not so cute when you are trying to sleep.

So, we decided the best thing to do would be to play with them hard so they would get tuckered, and it worked pretty well!  Yes, I did get stepped on (in the face) once or twice, but that's to be expected.

We'll try again tonight!

Mayhem has gotten too curious for his own good.  Yesterday when I got home I opened the door and they were in the hallway.  We keep them in the kitchen/library area during the day, but they had gotten out.  I didn't notice they were out until I had gotten the door opened pretty wide, and when I noticed they were loose, Mayhem had made his way onto the porch.  I threw my stuff down (including the groceries!) and grabbed him, but he had gotten to the end of the porch already.  I was terrified!!!  I'll be opening the door alot more slowly from now on. 

Honestly, I don't know how people with actual children manage to stay sane!

Have a great day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Joey cat sleeps with me every night. But I don't get much sleep with him against me. But I know some day when he's gone I'll be glad I sacrificed my sleep for his. He has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy so don't know how long he will last.

Who says those of us with children are sane? LOL

Kathy said...

LOL.

Cats are nocturnal creatures and are always more active at night time. But with lots of play before bedtime like you are doing you can get them to sleep more. As for trying to confine them to certain rooms. Good luck. Unless you have closed doors to lock them in they will jump anything. :) You might even find them on top of the fridge! Cats love heights.

But the love they return more than makes up for loss sleep or the occasional escape attempt. :)