Friday, March 21, 2008

More good news

At work so blogging quickly...

Logged onto my credit card account to gloat over my new zero balance and decided to check to my balance transfer offer. It had always been 6.99 % financing. To my surprise, they were offering 0% financing on all balances transferred through November 2008. I quickly applied, knowing that even at my current rate on that card, it would be paid off by August. I got my approval today. Yay! I did some calculations and figured I would be saving about $350 in interest charges by making the transfer. (It would really be $450 but it did cost me $100 for the transfer.)

Did some more calculations, and figured if everything goes well, I could be completely out of credit card debt by November 2009. I know it seems so far away, but in terms of paychecks, it's only 41 away! I need to figure out how to create a taskbar for that...

No comments: