Thursday, September 16, 2010

FINALLY!

I got my Just Cross Stitch ornament issue on Tuesday, and I wasted no time going through it and picking out the ornaments I want to stich.  A few thoughts, though:

  • Why would you put the color key on a different page from the pattern?  Not facing pages, that I understand, but opposite pages?  That's the quickest way to get me to NOT stitch it!
  • LHN never fails to deliver a great design, but the Lizzie Kate this year was a disappointment.  Seems to me I have seen it done before.
  • Why do they insist on the recipes?  First of all, it is a STITCHING magazine.  Second, I don't know ANY stitcher that would bring that magazine anywhere CLOSE to food.  Quickest way to stain it and/or ruin it.
I'm going to stop the complaining right there, because I really do think it's wonderful, even more so knowing that the designers provide the charts for free.  Can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I totally agree with you on everything. I was really looking forward to see what Lizzie Kate's ornament was going to be. Her Tiny Tidings XV has five great ornaments, though.

Chris said...

Hi Kat,
I am glad you got your ornament issue. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Chris